CHICAGO (CBS) — A 24-year-old man was shot and killed Sunday morning in the Brighton Park neighborhood.
Police said the man was shot several times in the chest around 10:50 a.m., when someone opened fire form a passing car near 39th Place and Sacramento Avenue.
The victim was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No one was in custody.
Area Central detectives were investigating.
- Live updates: Here’s the latest on the aftermath of overnight looting and vandalism in Chicago
- Another Alligator Is Spotted In The Chicago Area, This Time In Lynwood
- Pilsen Neighbors Demand End To Violence After Stray Bullets Narrowly Miss Mother, Children
- Orland Park Business Helping People Mask Up During The Pandemic, Combining Safety and Style
- In wake of Englewood shooting, Chicago mayor says all police officers dealing with public need body cameras
- Landscaper Shot In Unincorporated Chicago Heights, Fires Back
- FBI offering $25,000 reward for info in Chicago teen, 3 others' shooting death
- NY National Guard Soldiers Assigned To Queensbury Armory Deploying To Middle East
- Canberra Apprentice of the Year a special talent
- WATCH NOW: Chicago city leaders speak out, say criminals wreaking havoc, looting with 'confidence'
- Chicago shootings kill 8 including 9-year-old boy
- MSNBC skips coverage of Chicago riots during prime time, CNN airs less than 3 minutes
- Suspect shoots 3 Chicago officers who then shoot him
- Mother Of Man Shot By Police In Englewood Before Downtown Unrest Says He Had No Gun, Was Trying To Run Away
- 8-Year-Old Boy Critically Injured In Fall From Window In Washington Park
- July was deadliest month in Chicago history, police superintendent says
- Xinhua Asia-Pacific news summary at 1000 GMT, Aug. 10
- Looting of Downtown Chicago Puts City on High Alert
- Xinhua Asia-Pacific news summary at 0600 GMT, July 30
- Chicago mayor names committee to review public monuments
- Chicago Real Estate Brokers Sophia Klopas, Jason Stratton of...
- Xinhua Asia-Pacific news summary at 1000 GMT, July 28
- Toews, Blackhawks Into Playoffs For First Time Since 2017
- Xinhua Asia-Pacific news summary at 0600 GMT, July 27
- Boy, 15, Dead After Being Found Stabbed In Glenview
- Wisconsin Marine Among 8 Missing, Presumed Dead In Military Training Accident Near San Diego
- Chicago’s Magnificent Mile At Risk For Massive Store Closures, Alderman Says
- Chicago Dunkin' employee arrested after trooper finds 'large, thick piece of mucus' in coffee
- Driver Rushed To Hospital After Crashing Into Funeral Parlor In Wheeling
- Carjacking suspect charged in shooting of 3 Chicago officers Associated Press
- New Jersey house party with 300 attendees busted, host arrested
- Player grades: bounces finally go against Edmonton Oilers in 4-3 loss to Chicago Blackhawks
- New York’s Attorney General Sues over Predatory Lenders
- Man held on $1 million bond in shooting that allegedly sparked looting in Chicago
- Chicago Area Restaurants Concerned About COVID-19 Numbers On The Rise
- 'The better I got, the worse the racism got': Aussie NBA star Mills
- ‘More Police Don’t Seem to Make a Difference’ to Chicago’s Gun Crime as Trump Butts Heads With Mayor
- Demetrius Williams, Charged With Attempted Murder Of A Chicago Officer, To Appear In Court
- Chicago rapper FBG Duck killed in shooting outside Saks Fifth Avenue, friends say
- Victim from Kewanee identified in fatal two-vehicle crash near Chicago
- Chicago's caravans of looters 'emboldened by no consequences' atmosphere, cops say
- TPC Harding Park Profile: Municipal Gem Hosts The PGA Championship