At least 20 people have been injured in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend, according to authorities.
Chicago police say that at least 12 of the victims were injured in shootings Saturday, and at least one of the victims is in critical condition.
Here are the weekend’s shootings so far:
- Two men suffered gunshot wounds while traveling in a vehicle at approximately 10:50 p.m. Friday in the 3400 block of North Kedzie, according to police. Police said an unknown occupant inside of a passing white sedan fired shots. One victim, a 35-year-old man, sustained gunshot wounds to the head, arm and shoulder. The second victim, a 30-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound to the back. Both men went to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, and were listed in stable condition.
- In the 1300 block of North Sedgwick at approximately 11:45 p.m., a 28-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to the shoulder while walking, according to Chicago police. The victim said he didn’t know where the shots came from. He was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in stable condition.
- At approximately 11:59 p.m. in the 1200 block of South Throop, a 20-year-old man was walking when an unknown man approached him and fired shots, police said. The victim suffered gunshot wounds to the head, back and hip and was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
- Two men suffered gunshot wounds at approximately 1:52 a.m. in the 6900 block of South Indiana when an unknown man approached them on the sidewalk and fired shots, police said. The first victim, a 30-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound to the lower backside and self-transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was listed in stable condition. The second victim, a 22-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and was transported to Stroger Hospital in serious condition.
- A 33-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound at approximately 2:03 a.m. in the 1100 block of North Menard when someone inside a passing blue Jeep Liberty fired shots, Chicago police said. The victim was transported to Loyola University Medical Center in critical condition.
- At approximately 2:12 a.m. in the 4200 block of West 25th Street, a 20-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to the chest while inside a residence, police said. The victim was transported to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition, and further circumstances remained unknown Saturday evening.
- In the 8500 block of South Justine at approximately 2:17 a.m., a 21-year-old woman driving a vehicle and a 25-year-old man were shot by two suspects, police said. The two victims were driving when a white Nissan began following them. The driver attempted to get away, and ended up crashing into a parked car when two unknown men exited the vehicle and fired shots. The female victim suffered gunshot wounds to the face and arm and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious condition. The male victim sustained a graze wound to the arm, and refused medical treatment.
- In the 4500 block of South Drexel at approximately 4:21 a.m., a 31-year-old man was inside a vehicle when someone inside a passing black Chevy Impala fired shots, striking the victim, police said. The victim suffered nine gunshot wounds to the lower body, and self-transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was listed in serious condition.
- At approximately 6:11 p.m. in the 800 block of North Maffassoit, a 34-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound while standing on a sidewalk, police said. The victim was shot in the back of the head, and taken to West Suburban Hospital by a witness.
- A 19-year-old man was walking in the 11100 block of South State Street at approximately 8:09 p.m. when a man walked up to him, pulled out a gun, and shot him in the ankle. Police say the man was taken to Roseland Hospital, where he is listed in good condition.
- In the 1500 block of South Sawyer at approximately 9:30 p.m., a 20-year-old man was walking through a vacant lot when he was shot in the leg, according to police. The man didn’t see the person who fired the shots and was unable to provide more information to authorities. He is listed in good condition at Mount Sinai.
- At approximately 11 p.m. in the 900 block of East 47th Street, a 23-year-old man was walking when he was shot in the leg. Police say the man was unable to provide more information to authorities, and he’s listed in stable condition at the University of Chicago.
- A 24-year-old man was walking in an alley in the 400 block of West 77th Street at approximately 3:25 p.m. when he was approached by three men, according to police. One of the men pulled out a gun and fired shots at the victim, striking him in the lower back. The man is in stable condition at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- In the 6100 block of South Carpenter at approximately 4 p.m., two 14-year-old boys were in the hallway of an apartment complex when they were shot, police said. Both boys are in good condition after one was shot in the hand and the other in the buttocks.
- At approximately 6:22 p.m. in the 4000 block of West 59th Street, a 39-year-old man was walking when he was shot by a person in an unknown vehicle. The victim suffered a gunshot wound to his leg and a graze wound to his head, and is in serious condition at Christ Hospital, police said.
- Police say an 18-year-old man is in stable condition after he was shot in the leg. The man was in a vehicle in an alley in the 4800 block of West Fullerton just before 8:30 p.m. when he heard shots.