Three people are dead and at least 10 others have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend.
Just before 5 p.m. Saturday in the 10900 block of South Vernon, a 33-year-old man was involved in a physical confrontation with another man, police said.
According to authorities, the confrontation had begun at a nearby business, and after it continued in front of a residence, the victim was shot in the chest.
He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was later pronounced dead. No suspect is in custody, and police are continuing to investigate the slaying.
A 27-year-old man was traveling in a vehicle southbound on Aberdeen at approximately 2:43 p.m. Saturday when he was shot in the back and leg, police said. The man was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
At approximately 3:20 a.m. Sunday, a 29-year-old man was involved in a physical altercation with another man in the 2300 block of West School when he was shot in the abdomen and arm, according to police.
The man was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings:
- Just before 12:30 a.m., a 31-year-old man was standing in the hallway of an apartment building in the 5400 block of West Parker Avenue when another man walked up to him and shot him in the leg, police said. The man is in stable condition at Illinois Masonic.
- In the 10100 block of South Calumet at approximately 2:54 a.m., a 40-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk when a man walked up and fired shots, striking him in the abdomen. Police said the man was taken to the University of Chicago in critical condition.
- A 32-year-old man was on a street in the first block of West 69th Street when two men walked up to him and opened fire, striking him in the face, leg, and abdomen. Police say the man was taken to the University of Chicago in critical condition.
- At approximately 11:14 p.m. in the 11100 block of South Emerald, a 15-year-old boy was walking in an alley when a man approached him and shot him in the leg. The boy was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition.
- In the 1300 block of North Hudson at approximately 3:10 a.m., a 42-year-old man was walking on a sidewalk when he was shot in the upper leg, police said. The man was taken to Northwestern Hospital, where he’s listed in stable condition.
- A 42-year-old man is in critical condition after he was shot in the 600 block of East 75th Street, police said. Details are unknown, as witnesses to the shooting are refusing to cooperate with police.
- At approximately 3:30 p.m. in the 1600 block of South Homan, a 13-year-old girl was on a sidewalk when two men got out of a burgundy SUV and shot her twice in the stomach. Police said that the girl was taken to an area hospital in serious-to-critical condition.
- In the 4000 block of South Prairie at approximately 4:04 p.m., a 22-year-old woman was in the backyard of a residence when she was shot in the neck, police said. The woman was taken to the University of Chicago in stable condition.
- A 25-year-old man was on a sidewalk in the 2400 block of West Hirsh at approximately 8:50 p.m. when another man walked up to him and shot him in the abdomen. Police say the man was taken to Mount Sinai, where he’s listed in serious condition.
- Just before 11 p.m. in the 8500 block of South Damen, a 21-year-old man was sitting in a living room when a man fired shots into the residence from the porch. The man was shot in the right knee, and is listed in stable condition at Christ Hospital.