Four people are dead and at least 21 others have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend, officials say.
The city’s first fatal shooting occurred in the 1100 block of South Kostner at approximately 4 p.m. Friday afternoon, according to police.
Two people were sitting in a silver sedan when an unknown individual opened fire, striking both victims. Both victims, a 37-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman, were taken to Mount Sinai, and both were pronounced dead after they arrived at the hospital.
Just after 4 a.m. on Saturday morning, another fatal shooting occurred in the 3400 block of West Pierce, police said. A 45-year-old man was driving southbound on Homan when an unknown gunman fired shots from the sidewalk.
The man was struck multiple times, and crashed his vehicle into several parked cars. He was pronounced dead at the scene, and no suspect is in custody, police said.
Early Sunday monring, a 46-year-old woman was driving southbound in the 5100 block of South Prairie when shots were fired from a nearby sidewalk, according to police.
The woman was hit in the left arm and in her neck, and was later pronounced dead at a local hospital. No suspects are in custody, and police are continuing their investigation.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings:
- At approximately 5 p.m. in the 5000 block of South Washington Park Court, a 27-year-old man was shot in the arm and suffered a graze wound to his face, according to police. He was taken to Providence Hospital in stable condition.
- In the 8000 block of South Marshfield at approximately 10:38 p.m., a 22-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk when a person in a silver sedan fired shots, striking him in the left hand, police said. The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- A total of three men were standing on a sidewalk in the 1300 block of West Hastings at approximately 11:07 p.m. when they heard shots, police said. All three victims, a 31-year-old man, a 35-year-old man, and a 28-year-old man, were taken to area hospitals, where they were all listed in critical condition.
- At approximately 1:43 a.m., a 35-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk in the 5900 block of South Elizabeth when a man walked up to him and fired shots, striking him in the right leg, police said. The man was taken to Holy Cross, where he was listed in stable condition.
- In the 9200 block of South Ellis at approximately 4:52 a.m., a 13-year-old girl was in a bedroom inside of a residence when two men on a sidewalk opened fire, striking her in the left shoulder. Police say the girl was taken to Comers Children’s Hospital in stable condition.
- Two people were shot while sitting in a vehicle in the 3700 block of West Thomas at approximately 5:11 a.m., police said. A 32-year-old man was shot in the right buttocks, and a 17-year-old girl was shot in the ankle, and both were taken to Norwegian Hospital in stable condition.
- At approximately 2:33 p.m. in the 7200 block of South Wabash, a 22-year-old man was shot in the upper back, according to police. His condition is unknown at this time, and police are seeking other details in the case.
- In the 1000 block of North Mayfield at approximately 6:29 p.m., a 62-year-old man was standing in front of a residence when a man walked up to him, pulled out a gun, and opened fire. Police say the man was struck in the stomach and arm, and was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
- A 26-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk in the 6400 block of South Lowe at approximately 8:31 p.m. when he heard gunshots and was struck in the left arm and torso, police said. The man was taken to the University of Chicago, where she’s listed in critical condition.
- At approximately 9:15 p.m. in the 2500 block of West Division, a 29-year-old man was standing in an alley when he was shot in the left leg. Police say a friend drove the man to a hospital, where he’s in stable condition.
- In the 7600 block of South Exchange, a 19-year-old man was standing in a parking lot when two men attempted to rob him. One of the men fired shots, striking the victim in the right leg. He is in stable condition at the University of Chicago, according to police.
- A 24-year-old man was walking in the 5600 block of South Maryland at approximately 10 p.m. when he was shot in the left arm and the back, according to police. The man was listed in stable condition at University of Chicago.
- Just before midnight in the 6100 block of South King Drive, a 34-year-old man was walking on a sidewalk when two men fired shots at him, striking him in the right leg, police said. The man is in stable condition at the University of Chicago.
- In the 3500 block of South Rhodes at approximately 12:20 a.m., a 44-year-old man was standing in a parking lot when shots were fired, striking him in the feet, police said. The man is in stable condition at a local hospital.
- A 27-year-old man was walking on a sidewalk in the 1200 block of East 73rd Street just before 4 a.m. when he was shot in the arms and torso by a man in a black sedan, according to police. The man is in critical condition at the University of Chicago.
- Just before 5 a.m. in the 800 block of North Homan, three people were standing on a sidewalk when a man in an alley opened fire, police said. A 23-year-old woman is in critical condition after she was shot in the head, and two other victims, a man and a 26-year-old woman, are in stable condition at area hospitals.