Neither war nor the Islamic State group has stopped Abu Malek driving his 1952 classic car across Syria.
The 67-year-old DeSoto Powermaster is a bit worse for wear, but still works.
Fifty years ago, the petrol engine was switched for a British tractor engine.
Before the most recent war, when fuel was better quality, Abu Malwk says it could reach 140km per hour.
- Kochavi: Iran is the most dangerous country in the Middle East
- JLL Middle East & Africa expands its healthcare offering
- 10-Year-Old Girl Critically Wounded By Stray Bullet In Logan Square
- Chicago DJs call for peace after recent shootings
- Lightfoot: Effective Monday, Travelers Coming Into Chicago From States With COVID-19 Surges Must…
- Rise in poverty predicted for Latin America and the Caribbean because of COVID-19
- What high-tech military equipment can Iran offer world?
- Fitness clubs can reopen for indoor workouts Friday, but stricter rules in Chicago have some gyms worried
- Rare 'ring of fire' solar eclipse to dim Africa, Asia today
- Jihadis jailed in the Middle East 'should be allowed BACK to their homelands', says report
- Hot weather causing dozens of roads to buckle in Illinois, Wisconsin
- Latin America and Caribbean pass 100,000 COVID-19 deaths
- Introduction to Regional Studies Center, Academy of Sciences of Afghanistan
- Chicago Rapper Tray Savage Shot Dead In Chatham
- Letters: Rookie Chicago police officer should fight the good fight as a union member
- Perilous crossings from North Africa to Europe swell as economic gloom sets in
- Over 50 people shot, 9 killed, in violent Chicago weekend
- Text Message Urges Chicago Police Officers To Call In Sick, Limit Arrests In A ‘Blue Flu’
- Man Not Pleased After His Windshield Was Cracked By Flying Piece Of Metal As He Drove Along Kennedy…
- Europe could face oil shortage in a decade, study warns
- 100% biodiesel program cutting carbon emissions in Chicago
- 'Indian hegemonic designs hurdle to regional economic ties'
- Why the UK is the sick man of Europe again
- Chief Rabbi: Unlike in Europe, Jews Are Safe in Iran
- 1-year-old boy killed, mom wounded in Chicago shooting
- West Pharmaceutical Services to Host a Free Exclusive Webinar on Prefilled Syringe Elastomer Components
- Chicago man dead after crashing car in Mount Pulaski
- Bidding Now Open for No Reserve Auction of Chicago Area Estate via Concierge Auctions with Top Agent Dawn McKenna
- Syria: Tracking Mobility Impact - Points of Entry Analysis: June 25, 2020 IOM Regional Office for the…
- FACT CHECK: Is It Illegal To Wear A Face Mask While Legally Carrying A Concealed Weapon In North Carolina?
- Europe should brace for a reality in which US is no longer a world power – Merkel
- CMA CGM helps expand clean-fuel initiative in Europe
- Auckland's regional petrol tax goes towards new $62 million Matakana Link Rd
- At Least 20 People Shot, 7 Fatally, During 24 Hours in Mayor Lightfoot's Chicago
- Europe’s failure to tame Google is a lesson for the US
- Australia Suspends Hong Kong Extradition Agreement over Security Law
- New Mexico will fine people $100 for not wearing masks, force businesses to comply
- Rare 'Ring of Fire' Solar Eclipse Crossed Skies of Africa, Asia
- Europe Cigarette Market Size, What Everyone Must Know About in 2020?
- Five arrested in France over Middle East antiquities trafficking
- Europe Teeters on Precipice of Mass Unemployment
- Asia-Pacific is in the middle of a massive casino revenue void